Saturday was another PBU graduation. And if you read the previous post, you'll know who graduated. I went down on Friday. Jessi was on campus, so Colleen, Jessi, and I went to a new thrift store that had opened near the grocery store. It wasn't a very nice thrift store but I got 2 books. Then Jessi wanted decorations for the party the next day, so we went to the dollar store and Elena met us there. Jessi had to go home, but the rest of us went to the Salvation Army Thrift Store just for the fun of it. We saw some REALLY hideous dresses for sale. Colleen needed to go to A.C. Moore for some stuff and then we had dinner at Chick-fil-A. One of the guys working there used to work in the Chick-fil-A in the mall with me. That was weird to see him again. Then Elena decided to ask Colleen what kind of things she liked. That got us laughing because last year, she texted me the night before graduation and asked me what movie I had watched recently that I really liked. She's not always the most subtle. Since the mall was right there, we went graduation gift shopping. Elena went to Bath and Body Works and picked out a candle and told Colleen to smell it and then told her it was for her mother. She really was going to get Colleen a candle, but then I found a Peanuts calendar and Elena got that instead. We took Elena back to the Redner's parking lot to get her car so she could go home. Colleen and I went back to campus so I could park there and she drove her car to her grandma's house.
Colleen's family arrived around 10pm. We stayed up until 1am talking with her mom and sisters as we were reminiscing college times. There were so many random little stories of stuff we did. We talked about the times I froze Elena's stuffed animals, and the time Elena and I tried to stick Colleen's hand in warm water while she was asleep, or the time that Elena, Chris, Christy, and several others tried to trick Colleen into thinking it was already morning and time to go to church when it was really midnight, or the time Jessi and I got so excited about the snow day that we woke Elena and Colleen up early so we could watch "Swan Princess," and the time Colleen and I had to sit behind a guy in class who crunched his chips loudly and cut slices off his apple with his pen knife in the middle of class, and the time Elena was lying on the floor and we were dripping water on her and she was trying to catch it in her mouth and then we just poured the whole bottle on her, and many other random funnies. I can't believe three of us have graduated.
We left the house at 8:15 and got to campus before the gym doors opened. I got a good seat up in the bleachers and Elena and Colleen's sister sat with me. On a scale of 1 to 5, last December's graduation speaker got a 1. This year's speaker got a 3.5. She was interesting, but a little one-sided. She's been to so many different countries and was pushing international everything. Basically if you wanted to make your life really count, you had to go overseas.
The graduation party was at Colleen's aunt's house. There were a lot of people and a lot of good food. When people started leaving, the four of us changed and went outside to jump on the trampoline. You'd never know that two of us had graduated that day.
Oh, and the worst thing that happened yesterday was that my favorite (and only) PBU water bottle is no longer in my possession. I left it in the bleachers after graduation and only thought of it again at the party. :( I loved the way that water bottle was made. I'll have to get another one if I ever am on campus during bookstore hours.
Here are some more pictures. There will be more on Facebook. The pictures are all out of order because Blogger stinks.
Goofing off on the trampoline
The wheat bread out of the four of us (the other two are white bread)
See? White bread.
Colleen's sisters squashing Elena.
Interestingly enough, there is a picture that looks almost exactly like this one, except it was taken their freshman year.
For some reason there were shoes hanging from the wires down the street from school.
Colleen is all growed up!!!
She looks like a hamster.
PS -- I fixed the pictures on the previous post.
1 comment:
Great pictures! We'll have to find you another waterbottle!
Post a Comment